Electropolishing is an electrochemical process used for polishing metal surfaces. The metal is submerged into an electrolyte bath with temperature control, where a direct electrical current is used to remove microscopic material parts (metal). This is how the metal surface is evened out, which results in a brilliant and polished final product.
This process is used for stainless steel products of different shapes and sizes: tanks, containers, pipes, valves, and other connectors.
We also polish tank interiors (max. volume 15,000 L), provided that the tank shape and existing tank openings allow it.
Electropolished surface advantages:
- shiny and brilliant surfaces
- reduced surface roughness (up to Ra < 0.4 μm)
- impurity removal from basic material
- high-quality, quick, and easy maintenance
- reduced possibility of coating on material
- increased product corrosion resistance