Abrasive Water Jet Cutting
Abrasive water jet cutting is one of the more unconventional environment-friendly procedures that uses a mixture of water and quartz sand as its cutting tool.
When the abrasive water jet stream under high pressure (operating pressure range: 0 to 4138 bar) comes into contact with the base material, it causes erosion and, thus, cuts the metal. The multi-axis A-Jet cutting head allows for great cutting precision. The cutting head is controlled with a computer software and enables various cuts, even circular and round, with an adjustable cutting angle (0° to 60°).
Advantages of abrasive water jet cutting:
- extremely versatile process (wide range of materials and thicknesses),
- cutting into different shapes,
- no heat-affected zones on the material,
- no mechanical stresses,
- extremely precise computer-controlled cutting,
- high-quality edges, reducing secondary treatment,
- little material loss,
- environment-friendly technology (no hazardous waste, no toxic gas emission).
|Cutting material:||stainless steel, aluminum, copper, stone, plastics, etc.|
|Max. sheet metal dimension:||5500 x 2000 mm (x,y)|
|Max. material thickness:||200 mm|
|Precision:||+/- 0.2 mm|