The best from nature
Natural fat-soluble bioactive compound extraction systems
We design and manufacture extraction equipment for users in need of a simple device to obtain small amounts of extract, as well as more complex equipment for industrial use. Our offer includes systems that use carbon dioxide as a solvent (supercritical CO2 extraction), but we are also developing systems for supercritical water extraction (SWE). Given the investment cost, complexity of use, and extract quality, each system has its advantages and disadvantages.
Supercritical and subcritical extraction
Supercritical and/or subcritical extraction is a process used to obtain extracts and other substances using gases which are under super- or subcritical conditions. Supercritical gases have all the physical properties of gases, but they are incompressible and possess the same dissolving power as liquids.
The advantage of supercritical extraction is that it enables you to influence the dissolving power simply by changing the pressure and temperature, which means that the extraction process can be adapted to obtain specific substances from a collective matrix. This method is used in the production of bioactive compounds from herbs and other plants when a high degree of extract purity is required, especially in the pharmaceutical and food industries. It is most known for its use in the production of hemp paste and decaffeinated coffee and tea.
One of our main goals has always been finding new user-friendly solutions, which is why we have made extraction equipment development one of our main priorities.
- Gradient extraction of terpene-rich and terpene-depleted cannabidiol fractions
- Extraction of cannabinoids (CBD, CBG, CBN, THC)
- Extraction of food ingredients
- Production of hop extracts
- Production of spices
- Decaffeination of coffee and tea
FOOD WASTE AND FOOD BY-PRODUCTS
- Bioactive components from the remains of grape pressing and fermentation
- Extraction of pigments
- Extraction of polyphenols
DRINKS AND BEVERAGES
- Concentration of aroma fractions from rum
- Recovery of flavorous aroma components from alcoholic beverages
- Extraction of oils for cosmetics
- Seed extracts containing linolenic acid, nonacosane, and α-tocopherol
- Extracts used as common cosmetic ingredients (waxes, thickeners ...)
- Supercritical fluid extraction of emulsions (SFEE)
- Encapsulation and co-precipitation processes with supercritical fluids
- Development of Nanosuspension
NATURAL PLANT EXTRACTS
- Spice extraction and fractionation
- Extraction of pigments from microalgae
- Flavor or aroma extraction
-Isolation of antioxidants from plants
PURIFICATION OF NATURAL PRODUCTS
- Pesticide removal from natural products
- Cleaning and sterilization of cork stoppers
- Removal of unpleasant odors from wine yeasts
CLEANING AND DECONTAMINATION
- Supercritical CO2 extraction as a clean degreasing process of polymeric materials
- Cleaning of metal parts
- Cleaning and decontamination of medical devices
SAMPLE PREPARATION FOR ANALYTICS
- Extraction of non-polar compounds from soil (PAH, PCB, pesticides ...)
More about CO2 extraction
Supercritical extraction throughout historyThe supercritical state of fluids was discovered by the French Baron Charles Cagniard de la Tour in 1822, although the true significance of his discovery and the possibilities it opens up became apparent only later ...
Smart Investment in Slovenian Supercritical Extraction SystemPharmaHemp, one of the world's leading companies in the field of research, development, processing, and laboratory testing of raw materials and industrial hemp products has taken a major step forward by acquiring a highly efficient CO2 extraction system that can be used to obtain plant extracts for the food, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical industries.
Fully automated extraction systemIn complex processes, such as extraction under supercritical conditions (high pressures and elevated temperatures), automation reduces numerous risks and ensures standardized system operation in accordance with occupational safety standards. Automation also ensures optimal system efficiency during operation and has a significant effect on the quality of the final product.
Our customer stories
Purchasing our own extraction system was an important step, as was choosing the right manufacturer. What ultimately tipped the scales in favor of SK Škrlj was their proximity, high-quality materials and components, technical support, and personal approach to projects, as they always try and take into account customer demands and expectations.
Compared to low-cost products currently available on the market, the Škrlj system detects potential hazards and is fully automated which prevents errors due to human factors. In case of deviations at any stage of the process, the system reports an error and alerts the operator. Diagnostics can also be run remotely, as the system can be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Boštjan Jančar, Ph.D. (CTO of PharmaHemp)
Green Gold Brewing // Slovenia
Green Gold Brewing is a successful microbrewery from the Savinja Valley, an important hop-growing region in the heart of Slovenia. The brewery is strongly connected to hop growing, as the family's ancestors planted there their first hop plant more than a century ago.
Need some help?
Fill out the form below
We approach every project individually, with every customer's wish and need in mind. A group of experts from various fields work together to find the best solution for our investor. How can we help you? Fill out our form or call us and tell us about your plans. Together, we'll find the right answer.